The HP MSR3000 router series is a second generation HP Multi-Service Router (MSR G2) that supports HP FlexBranch solution as part HP's overall comprehensive HP FlexNetwork architecture. It features a modular design that delivers unmatched application services for medium to large sized branch offices, while reducing complexity, simplifying configuration, deployment and management. The MSR3000 router series provides a full-featured, resilient routing platform, including IPv6 and MPLS, up to 5 Mpps forwarding capacity and 3.3 Gbps of IPsec VPN encrypted throughput.
The MSR3000 router series offer lasting investment protection, and help reduce capital and operating expenses. The MSR3000 series routers also support HP Open Application Platform (OAP) modules to deliver integrated industry leading HP AllianceOne partner applications such as virtualization, UC&C and application optimization capabilities.
• Excellent forwarding performance: provides forwarding performance up to 5 Mpps (3.3 Gbps); meets the bandwidth-intensive application demands of enterprise businesses
• Ideal multi-service platform: provides WAN router, Ethernet switch, wireless LAN, 3G/4G WAN, firewall, VPN, and SIP/voice gateway all in one device
• High-density port connectivity: provides up to 10 interface module slots and up to three on-board Gigabit Ethernet ports
Layer 2 switching
• Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): supports standard IEEE 802.1D STP, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) for faster convergence, and IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP)
Layer 3 routing
• Static IPv4 routing: provides simple, manually configured IPv4 routing
Layer 3 services
• Address Resolution Protocol (ARP): determines the MAC address of another IP host in the same subnet; supports static ARPs; gratuitous ARP allows detection of duplicate IP addresses; proxy ARP allows normal ARP operation between subnets or when subnets are separated by a Layer 2 network
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate